Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Shopping Trip 6/28- $14.77

Today was the last day for the sales and I didn't want to run around to the different stores so I price matched at Walmart. I was in the worst line ever. I really dread going in to Walmart and only seeing 2 or 3 lanes open other than the under 20 items lanes. It took 18 minutes to ring up 4 people ahead of me with no more than 6 items each. I usually go for the lane closest to customer service in case the cashier has questions. Which in my case today, the cashier was positive you couldn't use coupons when price matching. I had my coupon policy with me thinking I'd have problems with overage but I should have had my price matching policy with me as well.

The Noxzema razors were $1.97 and I have coupons for $2.00 off so that was a $0.03 money maker (kind of since I pay $0.13 tax on each one). I price matched the salt for $0.50 and the sugar for $1.99 each. The cookies were price matched with Smiths to $1.00 each with a coupon for $1.00/2 making them $0.50 each. And the Bulls Eye BBQ price matched at $0.79 from Albertsons. Matched with a coupon for $0.50 off they were $0.29. And out of 10 bottles 7 of them were expired. I wish I would have looked at the store before bringing them home. Do you check the expiration dates on products when you shop?

No comments: