Thursday, June 30, 2011

Organizing the Spices

I don't spend much time in the kitchen as it is more my honey's domain. I'm a mess in the kitchen... I tend to overcook, under cook, over salt, or my long hair turns up in the food (YUCK!!). So I stick to baking cookies or banana breads maybe the occasional Jello mold :D I hate going into our kitchen because I can never find what I need or I can't reach it.

So when I came across this blog by Frugal Decor Mom I was so excited to make a change to my chaos. She uses baby food jars which is a really interesting idea but there is no plastic shaker on the top of them. I have this other spice rack that's just been chilling on the microwave.
I rarely use any of the spices there but I hadn't been able to get myself to throw it out and reduce the clutter. I'm thankful I have it because I put the spices I don't use in a little snack size baggie and stacked them in the back a drawer and I refilled them with the spices I do use. I'm happy now to have two places free of clutter but now what to do with the extra space? I need to figure out how to organize all my storage containers that are spread all over the kitchen next.


No comments: